The Mid-Autumn Festival
The Mid-Autumn is a very important Chinese festival. It falls on the 15th day of August. A few days before the festival, everyone in the family will help to make the house clean and beautiful. Lanterns will be hung in front of the house.
On the evening there will be a big family dinner. People who work far away from their homes will try to come back for the union. After dinner, people will light the lanterns which are usually red and round. Children will play with their own toy lanterns happily.
At night the moon is usually round and bright. People can enjoy the moon while eating moon-cakes which are the special food for this festival. They can look back on the past and look forward to the future together. It is said that there was a dragon in the sky. The dragon wanted to swallow up the moon. To protect the frighten the dragon away.
The Mid-Autumn Day
August 15th in Chinese Lunar Calendar is the Mid-Autumn Day. It is one of the most important traditional festivals in China.
On that day people usually go back home to have family reunion . Each family will have the members get together to have a big dinner. The most popular food is moon cakes. They are round and look like the moon.
The moon is the brightest this night. People eat the delicious food while they are enjoying a beautiful full moon in their yard. At this time, some old people would like to tell many past events and tell the children a story about the rabbit on the moon . The children really believe that there is a rabbit on the moon. They hope to go to the moon and have a look one day.
What a great festival!
Today is the Mid Autumn Festival, the street has a thick festive atmosphere. There are many varieties of moon cakes in the supermarket! People choose their favorite flavor.
At night, the sky fireworks four. There are a lot of lamp of heaven, like a shining star. The moon hid in the clouds like a shy girl. The whole family was sitting on the balcony looking forward to the moon to come out and have a snack......
Come on the moon! Today is your holiday!
1. Happy Mid-autumn Festival!
2. Wish you and your family a happy Mid-autumn Festival!
3. On the Mid-Autumn Day, may your life always be filled with happy times and may all your wishes come true. Happy Mid-Autumn Day!
4. Wish us a long life to share the beauty of this graceful moonlight, even thousands miles apart.
5. A bright moon and stars twinkle and shine. Wishing you a merry mid-autumn day and a happy life.
6. On the night of Mid-Autumn Day, a brigh tmoon and shining stars bring my best wishes to you.
7. Let the round moon accompany you and me.The bright moon will take my wishes and blessings to you. Happy Mid-Autumn Festival! May the round moon bring you a happy family and a successful future.
8. I am glad that you are with me on the full moon night. I want to whisper to you that Happy Mid-Autumn Day，my dearest.
9. No matter where you are from, regardless whether we gather or leave, all those blessings are forever linked in my mind. I wish you success and only things beautiful!
10. The Mid-Autumn Day approaches. Although I am far from home, I have conviction in my mind. I wish my family happiness and blessings forever.